About Widnes Vikings
Widnes Vikings, established in 1875, are a professional Rugby League club based in the North West of England.
The club prides itself on providing Rugby League opportunities to all regardless of age, gender or ability.
Our inclusive initiatives, including our schools, touch and walking rugby programmes, as well as our Learning Disability and Womens teams, aim to attract new people to Rugby League and increase participation within the sport. Our monthly 'Chemics Café' uses the medium of Rugby League to support those suffering from dementia through enjoyable physical activities and by helping them to reconnect with their fondest memories of Widnes Vikings.
Integral to the club is the production of homegrown players for the first team squad. Our pathway, which encompasses our Development Squad, Scholarship and Academy programmes, all strive to develop the next generation of Widnes Vikings players.
Everytime you play you help fund our Community and Pathway programmes.
You could get your hands on the £5,000 rollover prize, whilst helping good causes like ours at the same time.
Why everyone's a winner
By entering the Lotto Super Draw, each week, 60% of your stake goes directly towards helping run Widnes Vikings' Community and Pathway programmes.
Even though you are playing to win an excellent financial prize, every time you play Lotto Super Draw, you are having a positive impact on thousands of people's lives.
Over 35 guaranteed prizes, every single week!
60% of your stake will support Widnes Vikings' Community and Pathway programmes
- £10 buys the necessary equipment for our elderly participants to take part in a weekly Walking Rugby session.
- £10 buys refreshments for our monthly Chemics Café - an initative that supports people suffering from Dementia.
- £20 provides a primary school group with a 60 minute stage-appropriate Rugby League session.
- £20 covers the costs for one of our Learning Disability Rugby League players to play during half-time at Super League 'Magic Weekend' game.
- £30 buys the use of a pitch and changing rooms to allow up to 100 Year six and seven boys to take part in a weekly Development Squad session.
- £30 buys training kit for one of our Womens players for a full season.
- £30 buys the software for one of our Scholarship or Academy players to give them access to individual footage and performance data to support their development for one year.
60% of your stake will support our Community and Pathway programmes, which compares well to other lotteries
- 28% National Lottery goes to good causes
- 32% Postcode Lottery goes to good causes
Why only 60%?
- 60% of your stake directly funds our Community and Pathway programmes
- 25% is payable in winners' prizes
- 15% used in administration of the lottery